Bitterwood

Bitterwood
"For the sake of humanity, join in Bitterwood's revolt." - Kirkus Reviews

Friday, August 24, 2007

Sci-Fi Wire article about Bitterwood

Sci-Fi Wire's John Joseph Adams has just posted the interview we did back in July. Click here to read it.

An article at such a prominent venue is going to take a chunk out of my productivity at work, I fear. Now that the book has been out for almost two months, I actually have some days where I'm able to go ten or twelve hours without checking my Amazon rankings. The first weeks the book was out, I couldn't got ten to twelve minutes. Alas, the Amazon rankings are one of the few tea leaves I have to try to discern how the book is doing. The Amazon UK rankings are normally more healthy than the US rankings, but it's tough to read too much into this, since the book seems to be selling okay in actual bookstores due to its cover. My biggest paranoia isn't the rankings so much as it is the fact I've gotten so few reader reviews to date. On the other hand, I have gotten a fair number of mention in people's blogs. So I'm wondering if reader reviews in general are starting to shift, as the sort of people who would offer their opinions online have turned to blogging instead of product reviews. Nobody Gets The Girl got a dozen reader reviews in the span of a few months, but hardly any mentions in blogs, while Bitterwood has gotten roughly a dozen blog posts about it, but only a few reader reviews.

In other news, I've made it past the halfway mark in Dragon Forge. Forward!

1 comment:

Angela/SciFiChick said...

I saw the article on SciFiWire this morning and immediately thought, sales on Bitterwood will definitely be skyrocketing! Very cool!