Bitterwood

Bitterwood
"For the sake of humanity, join in Bitterwood's revolt." - Kirkus Reviews

Monday, September 3, 2007

Thoughtful review

A review of Bitterwood has just appeared on a blog called "Thistles for Breakfast." It's a pretty well thought-out review. I'm particularly intrigued by his thoughts on the human traits displayed by my dragons. I confess, my dragons can come across, at times, pretty much as just big, scaley, winged people. In Dragon Forge, now that I have more room to explore and expand upon dragon cultures, I think that we'll continue to see a lot of areas where human emotions and dragon emotions overlap, but we'll also start seeing some interesting divergences as well. The interplay between male and female sky-dragons is going to be a good deal different than the normal interactions between male and female humans, for instance. And wait until you see what's considered a good child rearing practice among earth-dragons.

Just shy of 1500 words written today. Little by little, the writing gets done.

No comments: