Bitterwood

Bitterwood
"For the sake of humanity, join in Bitterwood's revolt." - Kirkus Reviews

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Signing Photos

I had another signing this week, at the Cary Barnes and Noble, this time a joint event with Lisa Shearin, author of Magic Lost, Trouble Found. I started reading her novel this weekend--it's got a very different tone from most fantasy novels. It's not an outright comedy like a Terry Pratchett novel, but it is a remarkably light and playful voice. Some fantasy chokes beneath the weight of its own self-importance. This is a book that reads as if the writer had a lot of fun writing it.

The event drew quite a crowd, and the Q&A session after the reading was a blast. Lisa and I had never met before, but our approaches to writing are both similar enough and different enough that we played off each other really well. We're going to do another signing together October 15th at the new Barnes and Noble in Burlington, and there may be other joint events after that. Watch this space.

Sorry for the fall off on posting here and at Whateverville. Still cranking away on the first draft of Dragon Forge. I have a personal deadline of the end of October to complete the first draft, but I also have a good chance of finishing it much sooner than that, possibly by October 15. I'd love to go to that reading and be able to say I'd just finished the first draft of the sequel.

In the meantime, if a picture is worth a thousand words, here are three thousand words of blog post: (Click on the photos for larger versions.)
Signing fever!


Lisa Shearin and I take part in a Q&A session.

This is actually from the signing in Durham. Don't I look like a real writer?

No comments: